Tour of ~/.mozilla
- Profile directories
- "Salt": profilename/gibberish.slt
- prefs.js vs. user.js: the former will be
overwritten by the app, the latter is safe so put any unusual prefs in user.js.
- Mail and ImapMail, plus various mail files like training.dat
- chrome, userChrome.css, and userContent.css:
Use these to override defaults for the look of the browser window (userChrome.css)
or content shown in the browser's content area (userContent.css).
- history.dat, localstore.rdf, various other RDF
- plugins: If you put plugins here, you won't lose them when
you upgrade to a new version of Mozilla.