For some reason X on the laptop hasn't been seeing the external
USB mouse. But last night I got it working again. Turns out that
/dev/input/mouse0 no longer works; I have to use /dev/input/mice
because the mouse number changes each time it's plugged in
(which I don't think was a problem with earlier kernels).
Thanks to Peter S. for helping me track the problem down.
I also learned (unrelated to the mouse issue) about a couple of
very useful Debian apps, deborphan and debfoster, for finding
orphaned and no longer needed libraries. I'd always wanted
something like that to help clean up my crufty debian systems.
[ 18:39 Jul 31, 2004
More linux |
permalink to this entry