I'd been meaning for ages to write a PHP version of my showpix.cgi
Perl script, to show images without needing a separate .html file
generated for each image. I finally did it this morning, and it
was much easier than I expected, and seems to run a lot faster
than the perl CGI (not surprising, since PHP is cached in our
web server and perl isn't; so this should be more scaleable
and less load on the server).
The hardest part was writing the Python script to generate a new
showpix.php for a directory of images, and that only because of
all the escaping of quotes that needed to be done when telling
python to print a line that tells php to print a line to serve
up over http ...
Anyway, I've converted the Flume Trail
images to use the new PHP stuff, and I've updated the page for
scripts to include PHP ability.
[ 15:40 Oct 01, 2004
More programming |
permalink to this entry |